Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

In this post, I will evaluate the effectiveness of my pronoun usage.
Pexels,"Woman writing" 27 March 2014. Public Domain.



My pronoun usage in my essay for Project 1 is repetitive. I use the same pronouns, mostly when referring to stakeholders. It might be more effective and formal to take some pronouns and replace them with the specific person or group that I am referring to. Most of the time the pronouns are used in the same sentence as the stakeholder was already mentioned. 

There are two instances where I directly refer to the audience. This is effective because I address specific questions that I assume the reader would have once they reach that point in my essay. Additionally, at the end of my essay, I reassure them that this project is unbiased by stating "whichever party you may disagree or agree with..". I think this keeps a formal tone but at the same time wraps up the entire idea of the essay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment