Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Academia to Social Media

In this post, I will write about the social media presence of one of the authors from my chosen journal. 
Kontos, "Logo for Writers and Poets Portal." 10 July 2008. Public Domain.


Joyce Klestzick was the author I chose; I found her on LinkedIn. Her social media presence was very similar to her presence in her article. I cannot view her full account because I do not have a Linkedin account myself, but from the information presented, I can tell she is an experienced psychologist. For example, her current profession states that she is in private practice and her education is listed: she attended Brandeis University, Hunter School of Social Work, and Training Institute for Mental Health.


Additionally, the academic journal lists where she currently works: McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts. Both her social media profile and her journal profile reassure her audience that she is a credible source and is knowledgeable on the topic of physiology and psychology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment