Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

In this post, I will list all of the active specific and general verbs as well as passive verbs used in my essay for Project 1.
Pixabay, "Words." Public Domain.

Active Specific:

intensifying
desensitizing
boosting
target
framed

Active General:
Consumes
Use
Prove
Argue
Believe
make
cover
consider
lead
produce
affect
try
get
induce
doubled
continues
used
approved
compiled
target
leaked
fought
filed
promoting
died
supporting
points
allows
went
witnessed
diagnose
misuse
force
agree
disagree
rid
enforce

Passive:
abused
documented
happen
accounted
instructed
neglecting
given
made

Looking at the breakdown of my verb choices, most of my verbs are general and vague. I could definitely work on making my verbs more vivid and specific to enhance my essay. However, there are not too many passive verbs and the few that I did use were incorporated into my essay so that they flow.

To overall improve my essay, I need to provide more specific and vivid verbs to help my reader engage in the controversy more. This will also make my project less boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment