Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assignment

In this post, I will be brutally honest on how confident I am about my Project 1 essay.

Nervous gif, "Cartoon Image of a Nervous Man." 10 October 2010. Creative Commons.
I am feeling very nervous about the project I just submitted, hence the image I chose for this blog post. I just hope that I have provided exactly what the reader (Sean) is looking for. I followed the rubric but I'm still unsure if I was on the right track.

The major weaknesses of my project are most likely my introduction and concluding paragraphs. I always have issues grabbing the reader's attention and wrapping my essay up. My body paragraphs are well organized in my opinion, I spent much of my time on the content and not so much on the creativity of my introduction and concluding paragraphs.

The major strengths of my essay are my organization of my body paragraphs. Each paragraph is dedicated to either a major stakeholder, or background information on the main controversy. It is easy for the reader to follow the main points made in the essay.

I think I could definitely work on time management. I had no idea how much time these projects required and I will admit that I overestimated my ability to produce a quality essay in a small amount of time. Overall, I do think I put in a lot of time and effort in my project as the due date came closer. I started to realize that I cannot just spend my sunday night on all of my blog posts and expect them to be helpful to my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment